Re: PATCH: collist v2.0

On Jun 22, 10:25am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: PATCH: collist v2.0
}
} - Keys used:
}   - accept-line and send-break will leave selection. There is visual
}     feedback because then there is no highlighted match any more.

This is probably what was confusing me -- I tried accept-line but the
hightlight was still in the listing so I didn't realize I'd escaped.

}   [...] Could someone who actually uses coulured lists
}   please check if the default values are correct? (They look very bad.)

I agree that they're pretty icky.  Here's what I get (no LS_COLORS set,
ZLS_COLORS set but empty):

	ls --color	Zsh
	----------	----------
	blue		green		directories
	green		magenta		executables
	cyan		cyan		symlinks
	magenta		goldenrod?	sockets
	yellow		reverse-blue	devices

I get this even if I move /etc/DIR_COLORS out of the way.

} - If you read the manual or the collist.c file you'll notice that I've
}   changed `collist' to `complist'

I changed collistmatches() to complistmatches() as well.

(Aren't you glad that I didn't let you use the name "complist" before?)

} > Finally, I wanted to mention that I got it into a state where the highlight
} > was not visible -- I could only tell where I was because the word on the
} > command line kept changing as I pressed the arrow keys.  Eventually I think
} > I crossed back over the word that had been offered as the initial choice
} > (which was in the middle of the list somewhere -- I think it restarted an
} > old menu completion after I thought I'd broken out) and then the hightlight
} > came back.
}
} Maybe part of this is: when you start a normal menu completion and then
} invoke menu-select and then leave it again, you are in menu completion
} again. That's intentional. Otherwise I haven't seen such a behavior,
} could you try with the patch?

No, I never started a normal menu-completion.  As best I recall, I started
a menu-select, left it somehow without selecting anything (possibly by ^G)
and then immediately attempted the same menu-select again.

I just rebuilt with all the latest patches, and now I can't get menu-select
to start.  I did
    bindkey \\t menu-select
and confirmed with bindkey -L that tab was indeed re-bound, but when I try
    zsh% ls <TAB>
it simply starts normal menu completion.  Oh, I see -- menu-select depends
on ZLS_COLORS being set!  That seems odd.

Anyway, at the moment I can't manage to repeat the highlighting problem.