Re: autostart menu-select on cursor keys?

Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> After running for some time with menu-select on, I find it a bit unhandy
> sometimes. When you have two-three files to select from it is much better to
> quickly press TAB :-) in this case additional RETURN (to get out of menu-select)
> becomes an annoyance.

Hm, nowadyas any key not explicitly caught by menu-select brings you
out of it (and continues normal menu-completion if it was started via
ZLS_SELECT).

> I personally would prefer, if menu-select would be autostarted on cursor keys
> (well, user-defined keys ...) In this case you could quickly cycle through a
> couple of first matches; and if you happen to hit a really large list, have a
> natural way to menu-select needed one.

Unless you want this only when menu-completion is active, you can
always by unsetting ZLS_SELECT and bind menu-select to some key
A. Then you can start menu-completion as normal and use A to enter
menu-selection (and again leaving menu-selection should put you into
normal menu-completion again).

Bye
 Sven