Re: PATCH: that execution stuff

On Jun 29,  8:56am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: PATCH: that execution stuff
}
} This tries to get the always-pgrp-behavior back without losing the
} other things that were fixed in the meanwhile. Now please test your
} favorite execution bugs everyone and tell me what does not work.

This gets exactly to where I got, and no farther.  The test case is the
same as for the original problem reported by Jos Backus; the failure is
as I described in 6883:  Suspend the function, then bring it back into
the foreground, and bin_fg() passes zsh's PID to attachtty() as the
process group, which means mutt gets a SIGTTIN as soon as you type.  And
then when you try to bring it back into the foreground yet again, the
wrong thing gets SIGCONT'd and zsh ends up waiting in sigsuspend() for a
job that's never going to signal it.

Trying to debug this the other night I got into a state where zsh tried
to bring jobtab[1] into the foreground but everything in the job table
was zeroed, which produced a crash.  Another time bin_fg() selected [1]
but the entry with the correct gleader was jobtab[2].

Something somewhere is completely messed up with respect to when/whether
to delete a job, but it's almost impossible to debug because if you set
breakpoints the subshells crash and if you attach with gdb at the wrong
time some of the signals get completely thrown away.