RE: PATCH: that execution stuff

> Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
>
> > > I don't need to point out that `while true; do gzip ...; done' is not
> > > expected to be ^C'able again, do I? Maybe we should document this?
> > > (Together with the ^Z/fg/^C-trick?)
> >
> > It does not work. I can suspend *and* kill 'while true; do gzcat
> -f; done'. But
> > after I suspend and resume it, I can neither kill nor suspend it again.
>
> Hm, it worked for me with `zcat ... >/dev/null'. But this patch might
> also have an effect on this (because of this sub-shell-pgrp thing).

Yes, now it works as described. No way to kill loop with gzcat before ^Z; ant
two ^C's after that (I forgot, are two ^C's expected? Or was it supposed to be
only one?).

In any case, as long as it is documented, it is far better as csh or ksh here.
And thinking more about it - the only clean way to implement job control that
works in any case is to start "guard zsh" for every pipeline (and run every
pipeline in seperate process group). This is probably too much. It could be
optimised if we are sure pipeline never executes external commands ... no idea
how hard it is.

/andrej