Re: Big problems RE: Problem with cursor position after wrapped completion lists

Sven Wischnowsky <wischnow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> typed:
:mason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
:> I'm pretty sure zle_refresh.c violates this in some special cases (prompt
:> things I think) so I guess I better fix those soonish.  Printing outside of
:> zle_refresh.c I've got no idea about.
:I'll just wait for this solution and then hack the completion listing
:code, we'll probably end up with some utility functions that at least
:try to return some information about the current cursor-position or
:the number of characters printed in this process. Then we can decide
:what else we want to do with them.

The biggest problem is that we can't always know where we are.  Anyone who
does ``setopt NO_PROMPT_CR'' on an abnormal (or uncommon) terminal is just
asking for it.

If we get too more complex we'd just about end up incorporating a ``screen''
clone :-)

Regards,
--
Geoff Wing : <gcw@xxxxxxxxx>     Work URL: http://www.primenet.com.au/