coprocesses

Are coprocesses still working?  I got some strange results after trying
them in order to make the manual a bit clearer, but I don't use them often
enough to be sure.

coproc cat
print foo >&p
read line <&p

simply hung --- it did that without job control, too.  In ksh it read the
expected line and the coprocess terminated.  Trying to close the coprocess
input seemed to provoke some even stranger things.

WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/