Re: Problem with ZLS_COLOURS (zsh-3.1.6-test-2)

Sven Wischnowsky <wischnow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thomas Koehler wrote:
>
> > This part of the patch causes *ALL* matches to be highlighted in cyan,
> > even directories. If I don't apply this part but the part down there,
> > all works as expected.
>
> That's because of your ZLS_COLOURS='...:*=36;40', of course, such
> `empty' patterns were silently ignored before the patch.

*uhm* So applying the patch and taking out the "*=36;40" would do the
trick?
It works now with that "*=36;40" and without that part...

> When I first posted collist I asked if someone who uses GNU-ls with
> colours could check if collist does the same as that; this is one of
> the places where I wasn't sure. Since I don't have a GNU-ls here, I
> have to ask: in complist patterns take precedence over file-type-
> capabilities -- is this different in the GNU-ls?

I don't read all messages on the workers list (there's a lack of time on
my side), so I have missed that completely. reading the 3.1.6-test-1
announce was my reason to get a newer version than the 3.1.4 I was
using... And I read about that cool feature and wanted to check it out
:-)
Now... I just tested ls with LS_COLORS set to my ZLS_COLOURS (and there
was a bug in there, ma where mi should have been) - now zsh and ls do
the same colouring *cool*.
Anyways, there's a bug in GNU ls :) It ignores LS_COLOURS completely and
only honors LS_COLORS - while the manpage says both work. zsh is much
better here :)
BTW: The "*=36;40" makes no difference for ls and its colouring...

> Bye
>  Sven

CU,
Thomas