zsh under BeOS?

Has anyone been able to get zsh working under BeOS?  I can't seem to get
anything done on the system without my favorite shell around. :)

So far, with version 3.1.6-test3, I have it kinda-working.  It's worth
nothing that it compiled with a lot less effort than did 3.0.5, or 3.1.5
(which kept failing sed's during configure).  Had to #undef JOB_CONTROL,
#include <sys/socket.h>, and work around the lack of link() in
lockhistfile().  After that, I seem to be stuck in waitforpid() and
waitjob().

I made a little progress after noting that kill(pid, 0), does not return
ESRCH for a non-existant process, but returns EINVAL instead, so I worked
around that in waitforpid() and killjb().

Now, I'm stuck.  When running a command from the prompt, it loops in
waitjob(), as jn->stat is never cleared.  From tracing through with bdb,
it looks almost like handler() isn't getting called on SIGCHLD, and I
can't seem to find an explanation for that.

I haven't quite run out of things to try, but I figured I'd ask around
for hints or in case anyone had already done the work, before I really
started digging into it.

--
Will Day     <PGP mail preferred>     OIT / O&E / Technical Support
willday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx            Georgia Tech, Atlanta 30332-0715