Re: PATCH: Completion/matching control problem

Felix Rosencrantz wrote:
> The problem seems to occur when match_str is called with test=1 and abort_mat
> ch
> is called, the globals matchparts&matchsubs end up pointing to free'd clines,
> which causes problems for code that attempts to append clines to the list.

This fix looks right.

> I another problem is if you type:
> 	ls a<TAB>
> you get:
> 	ls Abcdefghi
> which doesn't seem correct, but I figure someone who understands the code
> might be able to fix this one.

I suppose it's getting confused with the different possible punctuation
characters after Abc, but since it won't complete further, what it's doing
must be wrong --- it should presumably stop at that point or use menu
completion.  Unfortunately this won't get fixed until Sven reappears, and
since 3.1.6 is going to appear in the next few days, I've just stuck a
message in Etc/BUGS.

WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/