Re: Bug? RE: Un-patch: new pattern matching code

On Aug 9, 10:42am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: Re: Bug? RE: Un-patch: new pattern matching code
}
} P.S.: At least simple things like ${a#*/}, ${a%/*}, ${a##*/}, and
}       ${a%%/*} seem to be circa three times slower than before for me.

(I saw the followup about -O2 eliminating this.)  It does appear that a
shell compiled for debugging starts up noticably slower with the new
code (and using my init files).  I use a LOT of "case ... exac" tests in
my init files with fairly simple patterns in the labels (often with no
wildcards, occasionally with only (|) alternation).