Re: PATCH: Re: Files modified after a given date

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> On Aug 25,  4:20pm, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
> } Subject: PATCH: Re: Files modified after a given date
> }
> }
> } Zefram wrote:
> } > That's one of the many things I never got round to.  I was going to
> } > have patterns like "*(F:func:)" call the shell function "func" with the
> } > name of each file which otherwise matches the glob pattern
> }
> } [...] it also allows one to give additional arguments as in
> } `*(F:func::arg1::arg2:)' and so on -- these are available as `$2'
> } etc. in the function. And finally it allows the function to say *what*
> } should be included by setting the `reply' or `REPLY' parameter to a
> } string or array (`REPLY' is only tested for a string value).
> }
> } (Maybe this is going a bit too far?)
>
> I don't have a problem with using reply/REPLY, but I think supplying
> additional arguments inside the glob qualifier is a bit excessive (and also
> accounts for most of the size of this patch, no?).

No, it's basically the loop in glob() -- 18 lines and without it
qualshfunc() would be slightly bigger. (And it may save someone from
implementing sets of wrapper functions, of course.)

But if everyone prefers it without the arguments, I'm ready to take it
out.

Bye
 Sven