Re: prob: fg not sending CONT to 'make' children

On Aug 30, 10:21am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: Re: prob: fg not sending CONT to 'make' children
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote:
}
} > I think this must be a case where process group management was updated
} > elsewhere but the change was not reflected in killjb().  The following
} > patch resumes the make properly in this particular example, but I'm not
} > sure it isn't an over-use of killpg() -- Sven, can you comment?
}
} I think we could add some extra safety by first trying killpg() and
} then using kill() if that fails.

As long as we're on the subject ...

Why does killjb() return failure only if the last attempted kill failed?
Is the second-to-last job in the pn->next chain special for some reason?
Or should it be returning failure when any of the kills failed?