Re: 6-pws-2

In article <9908301600.AA12634@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
  Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> - There's an exec.c patch from Tanaka Akira, 7436, left out, because it was
>   followed by an inconclusive discussion.  It's supposed to fix exec'ing
>   the last element of the last pipeline.  I have not looked at the problem.

I think 7436 is the correct fix to the problem.

> - I only deleted Completion/User/_cvs after making 6-pws-2, delete it
>   by hand for now.  Let me know of other completion functions which are
>   now redundant.

Base/_complete_opts should be removed. Because there are no completion
function which use it (except old _cvs) and it has very poor
name/implementation/document.

> - Personally, I prefer one single completion function for a suite of
>   related commands like cvs or pbm, since the accumulated clutter (and
>   added time to process completion files the first time) is large.  If it
>   stays the way it is I will change the default for function installation
>   to keep the subdirectories.

The separation is sometimes useful for custumizations because we can
override each function individually. These functions behaves like `hook'.
I think it is useful that making hooks more easily without adding new files.
--
Tanaka Akira