recexact in 3.1.6

Option "recexact" doesn't seem to work quite right for me under 3.1.6, or
at least not as well as it did under 3.1.5:

Under 3.1.5:
   % /usr/local/bin/zsh-3.1.5 -f
   % setopt recexact menucomplete noautolist noautomenu
   % touch note note.old
   % ls
   note      note.old
   % vi note<TAB>
-> % vi note #		(where # indicates cursor position)

Under 3.1.6:
   % /usr/local/bin/zsh-3.1.6 -f
   % setopt recexact menucomplete noautolist noautomenu
   % touch note note.old
   % ls
   note      note.old
   % vi note<TAB>
     (beep)
-> % vi note#

Besides a beep when I didn't expect one, it tends to make me think that I
mis-typed something, because it's the same behavior as if I were trying to
complete a non-existant file:

   % ls
   % vi badfile<TAB>
     (beep)
-> % vi badfile#

At least now I finally know why zsh has been beeping at me so much
recently. :)  Looking over Src/Zle/zle_tricky., I can see where
do_ambiguous() handles REC_EXACT, but after substituting all the
variables, it appears to handle it only if:
   isset(RECEXACT) && unset(MENUCOMPLETE)

whereas before it appeared to be if:
   isset(RECEXACT) && (unset(MENUCOMPLETE) || unset(AUTOMENU))

--
Will Day     <PGP mail preferred>     OIT / O&E / Technical Support
willday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx            Georgia Tech, Atlanta 30332-0715