Re: PATCH: completion for perldoc

Adam Spiers wrote:

> Adam Spiers (adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> > _perldoc {
> >     _arguments -s \
> >         '-h:help:' \
> >         '(-q)-f:Perl built-in function:_perl_builtin_funcs' \
> >         '(-f)-q:Perl FAQ keyword:' \
> >         '*:Perl pod pages:_perl_pods'
> > }
> >
> > _perl_pods {
> >     local nm="$compstate[nmatches]"
> >
> >    _perl_modules
> >    _perl_basepods
> >    _path_files -J "Perl modules and .pods" -/ -g '*.(pod|pm)'
> >
> >     [[ nm -ne compstate[nmatches] ]]
> > }
>
> I forgot to say: this kills zsh :-(

> If you need any more debugging info, let me know.  (Why are all the
> parameter lists empty?)

Yes I need more, namely the exact command line where you tried
completion. I've tested `perldoc' with completion after `-f', `-q',
and in a normal argument position and all this seems to work for me,
but I had to change `_perl_basepods' to use `whence -p basepod'
instead of `which ...' because I don't have `basepods'. I also had to
change `_perl_builtin_funcs' to use `command man ...' because I happen
to have a function called `man'.

About the argument lists: did you really compile the beast with
debugging? (`-ggdb' in your Makefile, or at least `-g'?)

Otherwise the backtrace seems very fishy, because `comp_setunset'
doesn't call `runshfunc'.

Bye
 Sven