Re: CVS (slightly off-topic)

According to Adam Spiers:
> doing this; would you mind briefly detailing what strategy you use?
> In particular, do you use a vendor branch?  Several, even?  Do you
> make your own changes to the main branch, or to a branch of your own?

There is only one vendor branch. What I do (with Perforce and not CVS but
the principle is more or less the same) is to import each  pws (and
release) on the vendor branch and apply the patches on the main trunk.

Tanaka-san uses the vendor branch for all releases/patches which is another
approach.

> in changes from the anon CVS to your own repository, would you have to
> update your working copy of the anon CVS and then `cvs import' your
> working copy into your own development repository, or is there a
> better way?

Importing what you get from anoncvs in your repository is more or less the
only way to do that.

The way I generally use anoncvs, is that I modify the source locally, make
a 'cvs diff' and it.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- Eurocontrol EEC/TEC -=- roberto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The Postman hits! The Postman hits! You have new mail.