CVS and patch

On Sep 9,  7:15pm, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
} Subject: RE: Silly questions about _arguments & Co (and probably bugs)
}
} I have constant problems with
} cvs-generated patches - either index line is ignored (non-POSIX) or new files
} are not created (POSIX). Anybody knows, how to fix it in pure patch?

If there were a way to fix it with pure patch, I don't think Tanaka would
have written a patch for patch.

If you use "cvs patch" (aka "cvs rdiff") instead of "cvs diff", the output
is much more patch-friendly; but you need two tagged revisions for that to
be very useful.  I have no idea why the CVS developers didn't make diff do
the same output format as rdiff.