Re: PATCH: _hosts, _hostports, _telnet and _socket

Tanaka Akira wrote:

> Hm. As Adam Spiers mentioned, relations between host-port aren't
> special. And I found that `telnet' has `-l' option that specifies
> `user'.  I think the argument of `-l' should be considered when
> completion. So, I prefer more general way to specify such relations.
>
> I made `_combination' and `_ports' and modified `_socket' and
> `_telnet' to use them.
>
> # Is there a better name for `_combination'?

At least it is generic enough to go into Base, I think.

> Now `_telnet' can handle following 7 situations.

This is nice, but a more powerful `_ports' would still be useful for
all the other commands that use port numbers (_rpm, _mount, _nslookup,
_ssh, _yp). Sometimes looking at the command name to decide which
ports to suggest is enough, but sometimes we might want to look at
other context information (this port forwarding thing in _ssh, for
example). I don't have any ideas about all this, yet, I just thought I
should mention it.

And while I'm at it: we still need descriptions for the new parameters
used and the `_combination' and `_regex_arguments' functions in the
docs.

(Btw, did I already ask if someone knows of other parameters used by
the completion system that aren't documented in the config section of
compsys.yo, yet?)

Bye
 Sven