Re: CVS (slightly off-topic)

Thanks to all who replied to my CVS questions.  After much fighting
with CVS, I've managed to set up a repository with all the necessary
branches and tags, so this will hopefully make it much easier for me
to contribute patches.  I'm taking the approach of putting all
official and pws releases in the standard vendor branch, and making my
own changes and those from zsh-workers on the main branch.  I'm
planning to only /commit/ my changes on the main branch after I've
saved a copy of the output of a `cvs diff' which can be sent to this
list, rather than messing around with tags for before and after my own
changes.

For reference, in case anyone in the future who hasn't already is
thinking of going down the CVS route, and is reading this thread,
something to be wary of is that if you do more than one import onto a
vendor branch, you have to check for any files present in the first
import but not the second.  Do a `find . -print | sort' in both
directories, and then do a

  cvs remove -f `comm -23 filelist_a filelist_b`

on the respective outputs.

I also had one weird conflict error reported in Completion/User/_cvs
when I imported 3.1.6-pws-4 which I had to deal with manually.  No
idea why.

Right, enough noise; on with the patches! :-)

Adam