Re: PATCH: completion for more X commands

Peter Stephenson wrote:

> Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
> > This adds `_xutils' containing completion code for some of the
> > standard X utilities. If this is accepted, `_xrdb' and `_xsetroot'
> > should be removed.
>
> Except that xrdb now doesn't complete *exactly* the thing I needed _xrdb to
> do in the first place.

Urgh, sorry.

> I thought the theory was there should be some way for the user to intercept
> choices with functions of their own by testing something or other?

That's only needed for sub-commands/states as in `_rpm' (or `_cvs' if
that wouldn't use functions anyway). Functions with `#compdef's with
multiple commands can be overridden by placing a file with a
`#compdef' for the command(s) wanted ealier in the `fpath'.

Bye
 Sven