Re: Chatty little precompiler for _arguments

On Sep 20, 10:43am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: Re: Chatty little precompiler for _arguments
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote:
}
} > though it would be really useful if $param:q could emit quoting instead of
} > backslashes.
}
} I would be against this because its much less useful in cases where
} you stuff together string from multiple parameters.

I'm not sure what you're getting at, there.

With 7951 applied, compare:

    print -R ${(q):-"$histchars $WORDCHARS $SPROMPT $TIMEFMT"}
    print -R ${(qq):-"$histchars $WORDCHARS $SPROMPT $TIMEFMT"}
    print -R ${(qqq):-"$histchars $WORDCHARS $SPROMPT $TIMEFMT"}