Re: #!/path/to/arch-indep/zsh -f

On Sep 22, Peter Stephenson wrote:

> > #!/afs/pdx/proj/otools/bin/zsh -f
>
> Try using a shorter path to zsh, if that's possible.  They're often
> restricted to 32 bytes, and the whole of this is 33.  But you should get
> the zsh part through, so this may not be the problem either.

On this crappy system (AIX 4.1.X), it must be the multiple level of
indirection problem that Bart mentioned.  I also duplicated this behavior
on HP-UX 10.20.  Using the actual binary:

#!/afs/pdx/proj/otools/bin/AIX/zsh -f

instead of the wrapper seems to make it work.  Bummer...  Compiling a
wrapper program again defeats the purpose of having an
architecture-independent launch point.

-Clint