Re: Chatty little precompiler for _arguments

In article <199909231028.MAA24049@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
  Sven Wischnowsky <wischnow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> The result is maybe not want one wants exactly, e.g. a NUL is printed
> as `^@' (its the format used by `bindkey'). Is that ok?

No. I want the form which result of expansion is original string.

is27e1u11% print -lr - ${(qqqq):-$'\0'}
^@
is27e1u11%

should be

is27e1u11% print -lr - ${(qqqq):-$'\0'}
$'\0'
is27e1u11%

My expected use is in _regex_arguments. It generate cache file
containing zsh function and it validates itself by comparing the
arguments between compile time and load time when it is sourced. So
the cache file contains NULs because arguments contain NULs. I want to
avoid NULs from cache files because it makes viewing (and editing) the
file bit hard.
--
Tanaka Akira