POSIX (Was: PATCH: "sh" job control)

Clint Adams <schizo@xxxxxxxxxx> typed:
:> I think CHECK_JOBS (with the opposite sense) would be a better name.
:I think that's reasonable.
:> Btw, you put SH_JOB_CONTROL out of alphabetical sequence.

:Ah, yes.  I was mentally inserting spaces between the words.
:> What does POSIX say about it?

On the topic of POSIX:
% touch asdasd; chmod 755 asdasd
% ./asdasd ; echo $?
zsh: exec format error: ./asdasd
1	# <-- POSIX says 126
% ./foobar
zsh: no such file or directory: ./foobar
1	# <-- POSIX says 127

:I don't know, but while we're on the subject, can anyone
:confirm or deny that bash's implementation of the 'command'
:builtin (command [-pVv] ...) is POSIX?

POSIX with (User Portability Utilities Option) says ``command [-pvV] ...''
Paraphrasing:
-p: Use a default PATH that is guaranteed to find all standard utilities.
-v: Write string to stdout of pathname or command that will be used by the
    shell, in the current shell execution environment....
-V: Write string to stdout that indicates how the name given in the
    command_name operand will be interpreted by the shell, in the
    current shell execution environment....
When the -v option is specified, standard output shall be formatted as:
  "%s\n", <pathname or command>
When the -V option is specified, standard output shall be formatted as:
  "%s\n", <unspecified>

Regards'
--
Geoff Wing : <gcw@xxxxxxxxx>     Work URL: http://www.primenet.com.au/