Re: PATCH: Support file url in _urls

In article <37FC873C.F3257422@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
  Oliver Kiddle <opk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> What is the bookmark url scheme? Is it something specific to Netscape or
> Lynx because if so, handling of it should move to _lynx/_netscape. Or,
> maybe we need to provide a way of specifying which url schemes are supported.
> Lynx supports a finger url for example.

Try

zsh% mkdir -p ~/.zsh/urls/bookmark/list
zsh% echo http://www.zsh.org/mla/ > ~/.zsh/urls/bookmark/list/zsh
zsh% lynx bookmark:list/zsh<TAB>
->
zsh% lynx http://www.zsh.org/mla/

This is zsh level bookmark implementation and not browser specific.

> I'm not entirely convinced by the system of taking urls from a directory
> structure. At the least I think there should be an alternative. For
> example, if $compconfig[urls_path] doesn't exist, the basic host names
> should complete after (http|file|ftp)://. I would also like a compconfig
> option which says that the local host is a web server, named X, doc root
> in Y and users own web pages in directory Z within their home so files on
> a local web server are completed.

Sounds good.

> Shouldn't _webbrowser be ditched and the first line of _urls be changed
> to the #compdef - it would be cleaner in my opinion. The only problem is
> that the -f option would be lost for those commands. We could always
> negate its meaning though.

I think _urls should complete only URLs by default.  And its default
behaviour may be useful for web grabbers such as wget, htget, GET,
HEAD, curl, etc.  There is _wget for wget, though.
--
Tanaka Akira