bashprompt license (was Re: PATCH: prompt fun)

Zefram (zefram@xxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Adam Spiers wrote:
> >The website says nothing about copyright or licensing whatsoever.
> >freshmeat reckons it's GPLed.  I just mailed the list to ask.
>
> If the code is GPLed, it can't be used in zsh.  The zsh license is
> marginally inconsistent with the GPL.  (It has almost the same effect
> as the GPL in itself; it's just that the GPL requires redistribution
> under the GPL.)

Just got email from the bashprompt guy saying that there's no license
on it at all and we're free to use it in any way we wish.  He also
said that if it made it easier for us to choose a license for it, he'd
put it under that (provided it was in the spirit of free software of
course).