RE: PATCH: Re: _match still does not work in _path_files

> ... of the code that makes this happen. `_path_files' adds the
> matching together with possible suffixes to be able to show the
> longest possible unambiguous string to the user. This means that there
> are different matches that would show the same string in the line. To
> avoid showing the same string more than once in a list, the completion
> code hides duplicates. And lists with hidden matches can not be
> completed with menu-selection.

Ahem ... but why is menu completion started for the last path component in the
first place? I expect it to be started for {functions,functions.old} - the first
ambiguous part. And I bet it was - once.

I tested it in zsh-3.1.6 and there _match works :-) and look what happens:

itsrm2% l /t/s/z/f*/_<TAB>
itsrm2% l /tools/share/zsh/functions/_
functions/      functions.old/

press TAB once more and selection is started for the first ambiguous component:

itsrm2% l /tools/share/zsh/functions/_
functions/      functions.old/
(after TAB)
itsrm2% l /tools/share/zsh/functions.old/_
functions/      functions.old/

etc.

I (from a user's point of view) fail to see, how /t/s/z/f/_ differs from
/t/s/z/f*/_ - it has exactly and precisely the same meaning.

/andrej