Re: PATCH: Re: Patch: 3.1.6-bart-7: Another rlimit

On Oct 20,  9:17pm, Zefram wrote:
} Subject: Re: PATCH: Re: Patch: 3.1.6-bart-7: Another rlimit
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote:
} >}      RLIMIT_PTHREAD   The maximum number of threads (pthreads(5))
} >
} >The "ulimit -a" command should report this; same for "sockbufsize".
}
} Should it?  There are several limits that ulimit can't set; I intuitively
} feel that it should be reporting only the same set of limits that it
} can set.

I wondered about that, but it was already reporting several limits that
it can't set (address space, cached threads, AIO operations and memory)
so there didn't seem to be any point in leaving out these two.

} Btw, the name "maxpthreads" seems sub-optimal -- what's wrong with
} "maxthreads"?

I went back and forth on that.  Eventually I left in the "p" because there
are other threading systems than POSIX threads and it's conceivable that a
system might have limits for more than one.  E.g., is the "cachedthreads"
limit related to POSIX threads?