Re: bugs in 3.0.6 (at least on Solaris 8)

Mike Sullivan wrote:
>A couple things I found with zsh 3.0.6 in Solaris 8. Most important is
>that since the signal names are extracted with an awk script run on
><sys/signal.h>, zsh is broken because the signal macros are not there
>anymore. They're in <sys/iso/signal_iso.h>.

which reminds me, recent glibc has <bits/signum.h> and <bits/resource.h>.

-zefram

*** configure.in-	Wed Oct 27 21:24:33 1999
--- configure.in	Wed Oct 27 21:32:53 1999
***************
*** 838,849 ****
  if test -z "$sigfile_list"; then
    dnl In case we don't get the stuff from the preprocesor, use the old
    dnl list of standard places.
!   sigfile_list="/usr/include/bsd/sys/signal.h
  /usr/include/signum.h
  /usr/include/asm/signum.h
  /usr/include/asm/signal.h
  /usr/include/linux/signal.h
  /usr/include/sys/signal.h
  /dev/null"
  fi
  for SIGNAL_H in $sigfile_list
--- 838,851 ----
  if test -z "$sigfile_list"; then
    dnl In case we don't get the stuff from the preprocesor, use the old
    dnl list of standard places.
!   sigfile_list="/usr/include/sys/iso/signal_iso.h
! /usr/include/bsd/sys/signal.h
  /usr/include/signum.h
  /usr/include/asm/signum.h
  /usr/include/asm/signal.h
  /usr/include/linux/signal.h
  /usr/include/sys/signal.h
+ /usr/include/bits/signum.h
  /dev/null"
  fi
  for SIGNAL_H in $sigfile_list
***************
*** 856,861 ****
--- 858,866 ----
    wc -l | sed 's/[ 	]//g'`
    test "x$nsigs" != x && test "$nsigs" -ge 7 && break
  done
+ if test $SIGNAL_H = "/dev/null"; then
+   AC_MSG_ERROR(SIGNAL MACROS NOT FOUND:  please report to developers)
+ fi
  zsh_cv_path_signal_h=$SIGNAL_H
  ])
  SIGNAL_H=$zsh_cv_path_signal_h
***************
*** 870,875 ****
--- 875,881 ----
                     /usr/include/asm/resource.h	     dnl
                     /usr/include/linux/resource.h     dnl
                     /usr/include/sys/resource.h       dnl
+                    /usr/include/bits/resource.h      dnl
                     /usr/include/resourcebits.h       dnl
                     /dev/null;
  do
***************
*** 879,885 ****
  done
  zsh_cv_path_rlimit_h=$RESOURCE_H
  if test $RESOURCE_H = "/dev/null" -a $ac_cv_func_getrlimit = yes; then
!   echo "RLIMIT MACROS NOT FOUND:  please report to developers"
  fi])
  RLIMITS_INC_H=$zsh_cv_path_rlimit_h
  dnl rlimits.h only appears in dependencies if we are actually using it.
--- 885,891 ----
  done
  zsh_cv_path_rlimit_h=$RESOURCE_H
  if test $RESOURCE_H = "/dev/null" -a $ac_cv_func_getrlimit = yes; then
!   AC_MSG_WARN(RLIMIT MACROS NOT FOUND:  please report to developers)
  fi])
  RLIMITS_INC_H=$zsh_cv_path_rlimit_h
  dnl rlimits.h only appears in dependencies if we are actually using it.
END