Re: PATCH: 3.1.6 install without rebuild (Re: 3.0 DESTDIR)

On Oct 28,  3:58am, Juergen A. Erhard wrote:
} Subject: Re: PATCH: 3.1.6 install without rebuild (Re: 3.0 DESTDIR)
}
} Also according to stow.texi, it's for keeping files from different
} packages apart, nothing more, nothing less.  [...]
}
} Of course you can *use* it for what you describe ;-) (And maybe that
} was depot's intended use).

I find this amusing, considering that I've sat no more than twelve feet
from Bob Glickstein almost every working day for the past seven years.
Yes, I know what he wrote in stow.texi, but trust me when I say that I
also know exactly what stow's author uses stow for!

As for whether it's "based on" depot ... the perl script was "depot.pl"
for the first four years of its life, right up until Bob decided it had
to be called something else if he was going to release it through FSF.

However, this now has absolutely nothing to do with zsh, so to make this
at least slightly topical:  I'll be offline from tomorrow through the
weekend, so with the exception of a couple of messages tonight I probably
won't be answering any zsh mail until Tuesday.  Don't pile the patches
too deep in the meantime ...