Re: release management

In the last episode (Nov 04), Adam Spiers said:

> I just had an idea.  Tanaka, if it's not too much to ask of you and
> your machine, what would you say to adding an entry in your
> $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/loginfo file something like this:
>
>   ^zsh  rsync -rlpt -e ssh $CVSROOT/zsh zshmirror@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

If you're planning on mirroring CVS trees, cvsup ( at
http://www.polstra.com/projects/freeware/CVSup/ ) is even faster than
rsync, since it knows how to transmit CVS diffs quickly.  It will also
mirror regular files (it falls back to the rsync protocol for those
files).  You can use it to either mirror the whole CVS tree, or keep a
checked-out copy up to date.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@xxxxxxxxxxxx