Re: Development versions

Clint Adams wrote:
> But seeing how often people are referred to a "pws" interim release
> on the grounds that it is less buggy and more featureful than 3.1.6
> makes me wonder if the "point" releases are too infrequent.  It is
> the unstable/development tree, after all.

The trouble is syntactical stability.  As things have been, you'd have to
alter your completion stuff completely with each release, which I think is
a bit much even for a beta release.  But now that's got more stable, we
should certainly go for 3.1.7 early in the new year.  I style have to fix
typeset, traps and compinstall.  Grmp.

I'll try to send 3.1.6-pws-12 to the main archive later today, it might get
the development versions a bit more exposure.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>