Re: completion with midword tildes

On Jan 12, 10:07am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: Re: completion with midword tildes
}
} A pure user-code solution would be to use a match spec such as 'm:=\\'
} (or several of these, making the backslash only optional before some
} special characters) in ones $compmatchers, but maybe we should make
} the completion code do that by default. What I want to say is that
} nowadays I would implement it in exactly this way -- modify the
} matching function to ignore backslashes. That's what the patch below
} tries to attempt -- it works but there may be some complicated
} interactions with complex match specs, I'll have to test that.

What happens if the file name (or whatever else is being completed)
actually *contains* a backslash?  I.e. the backslash isn't just there
to quote some other special character.