Re: If someone wants to try...

Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
> Missing initialisation for a tstack field in two places.

Yes, now `which _path_files' (which was in effect what was going wrong
before) works, which is a pretty good test.

However, I can get a core dump with this:

fn() {

[[ $#ignore -eq 0 && -z $gopt && -n $FIGNORE ]]

if [[ "$pre[1]" = \~ ]]; then; fi

}
which fn

(I'm not saying the last bit should necessarily work, although it would be
nice if it did nothing, simply that it shouldn't core dump when you look at
it.)  It's probably related to:

% fn() { if true; then; fi; }
% which fn
fn () {
        if true
        then

}

> And maybe we should try to avoid building values for arrays and hashes
> when completing their names (it's autoparamslash if I'm not completely
> mistaken). No patch for this yet.

Yes, something similar is going on with $mapfile which I noticed before,
although maybe this is deeper in the parameter code: it always executes the
special function to retrieve the value, even if you're about to assign to
it.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>