Re: 3.1.6-dev-16

Tanaka Akira wrote:
> In article <E12CUCT-00033M-00.2000-01-23-21-05-36@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>   Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > I have uploaded
> >   ftp://ftp.zsh.org/pub/zsh/development/zsh-3.1.6-dev-16.tar.gz
>
> I compared between dev-16 and patched dev-15 reverted by 9357,

That was mentioned in my followup message: I'm waiting to see if it has an
effect. (Chmouel says he'll have a look when he's got a moment.)

> 9390,
> 9394 and part of 9396.

That was mentioned in the original message:  I haven't put zpty in because
of possible configurational problems.  If nobody looks, I'll put back
anyway and we can take it from there, otherwise we'll be waiting for ever.

As far as the _nslookup chunks go, as I've said before I'm not particularly
happy about unconditionally requiring extra modules to be loaded into
completion, which is a basic facility for zsh.  Ideally there should be a
test to see if it's loaded, and some documentation about why it's useful.

> Then I found that 9361 is missed.  However the
> problem described in 9358 isn't reproduced.

As I said when sending my own patch for wordcode problems, it fixed the bug
that Sven fixed in 9361 another way, and I've left my version in and
didn't apply Sven's since they both necessary.  But it would simplify
things a little if I put this in anyway, so I'll stick it back.

> Apart from that, I found file permission problem.  .preconfig and
> Util/preconfig should be executable.

I've changed this.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>