Re: PATCH: _diff (new), _prcs (upgrade)

>>> "Sven" == Sven Wischnowsky <wischnow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

[...]

 Sven> The rest of the patch just makes some of the descriptions more
 Sven> verbose. I hope this is ok for Alexandre (?).

I don't see why it shouldn't be ok.

 Sven> Oh, and it makes _diff_options use `$(command diff ...)' -- I at least
 Sven> have a small wrapper function for it which makes it fail otherwise.

I first wrote this, and then removed 'command' when I thought that on a
system without GNU diff a user may have installed GNU diff and made diff be
an alias to GNU diff.  But maybe it's quite uncommon especially with diff
(which is used by several commands and is thus better put in the PATH).

Also, I should say: I understand why _pids is running $(command ps ...)
but the difference in _diff_options is that we should be testing the
command that the user is actually running.

[...]

--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz