Re: match again

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> } The problem is that the default tag is tested in _main_complete which
> } doesn't add a context name
>
> This seems an important point to me.  Is there a listing somewhere of
> the tags which are tested in _main_complete, or is "default" the only
> one?  At the least the doc for the default tag should mention this.

default and warnings (and the completer style is tested without tag at
all). When I last cleanup up style/tag handling I mentioned that last
one, I think.

But, before we start modifying docs are something like this, I'd like
to repeat the question: would it be ok for everyone to make completer
names be preceeded by two colons? With that we could use this kind of
pattern:

> That means this example from the doc is wrong, does it not?
>
>      To be able to share the same specifications one has set up for the
>      GNU version of the ls command one can use:
>
>           zstyle ':completion:*:default' list-colors ${(s.:.)LS_COLORS}
>                              ^^^

... which is indeed wrong for the current state of the code. And I
really, really don't like having to use patterns like `:completion*:...'.
The only reason I didn't do that was because I had added the `::cmd:'
thing at that time already.

And: any suggestion for how to test the completer style with a tag?
Use the `default' tag (that just sounds weird, somehow, but maybe this
is only my problem).

> BTW, I hope the intention is to put a lot more zstyle examples into the
> docs before final release.

Sure. Everyone is kindly invited to tell us about h(er|is) favorite
style settings. Ahem.

Bye
 Sven