Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
- X-seq: zsh-workers 9538
- From: Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Zsh hackers list)
- Subject: 3.1.6-dev-17
- Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 21:16:43 +0000
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
Sorry about the delay, I've been quite busy.
This includes Bart's oldish suggestion to prevent zsh sending itself
SIGHUP, as just reposted.
It still does not include zpty. I suspect I will simply have to add that
and rely on problems being reported, otherwise it will never appear at all.
It might in any case be convenient to have a mechanism for specifying
modules that are not to be compiled or installed --- doing it that way
round prevents the ignorant from leaving out important modules. This would
protect us against uncompilable minor modules because we could say in
Etc/MACHINES that you should use --ignore-modules=zpty on a particular
architecture. Other opinions?
2000-02-02 Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
* pws: Config/version.mk: version 3.1.6-dev-17
* Bart: 9533: Src/signals.c: make sure shell doesn't send itself
SIGHUP when exiting.
* Sven: 9528: Completion/Core/_files: missing variable
* Sven: 9527: Doc/Zsh/compsys.yo: extra description for styles.
* Sven: 9526: Src/Zle/computil.c: missing tokenization in
* Sven: 9524: Src/text.c: wordcode bug outputting function
* Sven: 9522: Src/utils.c: return on various conditions when
reading a character from the terminal.
* Sven: 9521: Src/exec.c: another job-waiting fix.
2000-02-01 Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
* pws: 9518: Test/.distfiles, Test/10prompt.ztst: test for prompt
* Clint/Sven: 9500 rewritten as 9505: Src/mem.c: more graceful exit
after mmap() failure when used for heap allocation.
* Alexandre: 9504: Completion/Builtins/_zstyle: complete name of
* Sven: 9503: Src/exec.c: problem updating job entry without any
* Alexandre: 9502: Completion/User/_urls,
Completion/Core/_match, Completion/Base/_combination: fix 9463
to use ':completion:...' prefix with zstyle.
2000-01-31 Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
* Sven: 9496: Src/loop.c: failure to check for return status in
* Bart: 9495: Src/exec.c: re-block after waiting for jobs.
* Sven: 9494: Src/Zle/computil.c: extraneous space with option
* Bart: 9493: Test/09funcdef.ztst: regression test for function
* Sven: 9489: Src/Zle/complist.c, Src/Zle/compresult.c: avoid menu
selection with no list and asking whether to list twice.
* Sven: 9488: Src/exec.c: remove unnecessary child_block().
* Sven: 9487: Src/exec.c: wordcode fix: expand names in function
* Sven: 9486: Doc/Zsh/compwid.yo: fix docs for compadd -1 with -J
2000-01-30 Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
* Tanaka Akira: 9476: Completion/User/_cvs,
Completion/User/_patch: prefer LC_ALL to LANG as the former
overrides the latter.
* Tanaka Akira: 9475: Completion/User/_telnet: simplify by using
(K) parameter flag.
* Tanaka Akira: 9473: Completion/User/_patch: improved support for
different versions of `patch'.
* Bart: 9472: Doc/Makefile.in: dependencies on texinfo files when
building out of source tree.
* Tanaka Akira: 9470: Completion/Debian/_deb_packages: updage
should be update throughout.
* Clint: 9469: Completion/Debian/_deb_packages,
Completion/Debian/_dpkg, Doc/Zsh/compsys.yo: new packageset style
to select Debian package.
2000-01-29 Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
* Alexandre: 1684: Completion/User/.distfiles: add _diff and
* Alexandre: 9463: Completion/User/_urls,
Completion/Core/_match, Completion/Base/_combination: switch to
using zstyle instead of compstyle in various functions.
* Sven: 9458: Src/Zle/complete.c, Src/Zle/compresult.c: used freed
memory in completion; should have been using heaps all along.
* Sven: 9457: Src/params.c: tokenisation problem with patterns
using parameter flag (K).
* Sven: 9454: Completion/Core/_path_files: handling path prefixes
with patterns more cleverly.
* Sven: 9452: Completion/Base/_arguments: `--exclude=' shouldn't
show both argument list and completions of --exclude....
* Bart: 9448: Makefile.in: treat Test subdirectory along with
others in make procedures (notably distclean).
* Sven: 9442: Src/Zle/compresult.c: problems with suffixes when
cursor style set.
* Sven: 9441: Completion/Core/_files,
Completion/User/_diff_options: _files sometimes didn't use
ignored-patterns; use $(command diff) just in case, plus more
* Alexandre: 9436: Completion/User/_prcs,
Completion/User/_diff_options, Completion/User/_diff: prcs
enhancements with builtin diff support, plus diff options for use
directly with GNU diff.
2000-01-25 Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
* pws: Etc/FAQ.yo: updated from latest posted version.
* Sven: 9424: Src/Modules/parameter.c: problems with 9421 with
aliases and dir parameters.
2000-01-24 Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
* pws: 9421: Src/params.c: PM_REMOVABLE parameters are freeable
since they were created by an ordinary createparam() (fixes
* Alexandre: 9419: Src/Zle/complist.c: more problems with
backreferences in list-colors: aborts after failed backref,
nested backrefs not handled.
* Sven: 9417: Src/Zle/compcore.c: prefix code confused by matcher
* Sven: 9416: Completion/Core/_setup, Src/Zle/complist.c: problems
using backreferences in list-colors, check zsh/complist is loaded
* Sven: 9415: Doc/Zsh/mod_complist.yo: typo in pattern example.
* Sven: 9414: Completion/Core/_path_files: use _comp_ignore.
* Sven: 9413: Functions/Zftp/zfinit, Src/Modules/zutil.c,
Src/loop.c: cleanups for module name, new completion test,
* Sven: 9361: Src/exec.c: simplifty getoutput() test.
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Messages sorted by: