Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Zsh 3.1.6 still hangs on for loops utilizing lots of stdout
- X-seq: zsh-workers 9572
- From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz <duret_g@xxxxxxxx>
- To: Sven Wischnowsky <wischnow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Zsh 3.1.6 still hangs on for loops utilizing lots of stdout
- Date: 04 Feb 2000 17:11:07 +0100
- Cc: zsh-workers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Clint Olsen <olsenc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: Sven Wischnowsky's message of "Fri, 4 Feb 2000 13:30:53 +0100 (MET)"
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <200002041230.NAA24341@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>> "Sven" == Sven Wischnowsky <wischnow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Sven> Alexandre Duret-Lutz wrote:
>> for i in *.wav
>> 8hz-mp3 $i $i:r.mp3
Sven> Well, we had some problems with IO and AIX but this stack trace looks
Sven> completely fine -- saying only that it's waiting for the 8hz-mp3.
Indeed. In fact zsh was still running and the loop finished: 8hz's work
was done on each file.
Sven> In both cases: does it happen with other shells, too?
Yes! Maybe there is something wrong,
In the two cases below, I run the loop in the launched rxvt.
And that rxvt which is segfaulting.
/goinfre/swiss-1 % gdbterm zsh 11:27 #14
/home/prolob/pollux/mbin/gdbterm: line 2: 6751 Segmentation fault rxvt +ls +sb -title GDBterm -e sh -c 'exec rxvt +ls +sb -e gdb --tty=`tty` '"$*"
/goinfre/swiss-1 % rxvt -e bash Err 139 #15
zsh: segmentation fault rxvt -e bash
with another terminal emulator (xterm), this behave differently:
after a few iterations in the for loop, it's like something is going mad
and print newlines in loop. I tried to run the whole loop
through `od' to see if these where realy newlines or something else :
/goinfre/swiss-2 % for i in *.wav Err 139 #6
8hz-mp3 $i $i:r.mp3
done | od
[...lot's of output...]
zsh: exit 141 for i in *.wav; do; 8hz-mp3 $i $i:r.mp3; done | od |
zsh: segmentation fault od
How fun! now, that's od which is segfaulting. BTW where does this last pipe
(after `od' on the exit report line) come from?.
I will try to see if I can reproduce this without 8hz.
Messages sorted by: