Re: Some comments on Mandrake zsh RPMs

Bart Schaefer (schaefer@xxxxxxx) wrote:
> Actually, this can all be summed up in one comment:
>
> Just because zsh provides for /etc/z{shenv,profile,shrc,login,logout}
> doesn't mean they should all be non-empty.  In fact, they shouldn't be
> there at all unless there's a *very* good reason for them to be.

[snip various problems with global zsh{env,rc} in Mandrake and RedHat
rpms]

Just thought I'd mention that I've modified the relevant files in my
automated nightly built RPMs according to Bart's criticisms, since
they were also derived from the problematic RedHat originals.  Hope
they're approaching "correctness" now.  I also even fixed the nightly
build process so that it actually works now :-)

In case anyone's still interested (surprisingly, a few people have
been in the past), they're still at:

  http://www.new.ox.ac.uk/~adam/computing/zsh/

Adam