Re: PATCH: Re: Questions/comments on completion code that arise from PWS's zsh guide

>>> "Sven" == Sven Wischnowsky <wischnow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

[please forgive this if I totaly miss the point, but I
have just read all zsh mails for the last two weeks and
may have missed some important things]

 Sven> Bart Schaefer wrote:

[...]

 >> Why don't we have _dd expand the tilde when magicequalsubst is not set,
 >> and leave _path_files alone?

 Sven> But this is, of course, better.

 Sven> The patch adds _tilde_files which completes files and expands tildes
 Sven> if there are any. And makes _dd use it.

But this will *always* expand tildes.  Since I am using magicequalsubst,
I don't want tildes to be expanded 'on the line' in places where
it would be done by magicequalsubst.

Shouldn't there be a option to _tilde_files saying that _tilde_files is
called in a context where magicequalsubst will expand the tilde (in which
case _tilde_files should care whether the magicequalsubst is set or not) ?
Or it may be the default.

 Sven> Does anyone know of other places where this might be useful?

What happens with _arguments's equal-ended options ?
Should they use _tilde_files instead of _files ?
It may be good that `--prefix=~/usr' get expanded to
`--prefix=/myhomedir/usr' when magicequalsubst is unset,
but I would find strange that `--prefix ~/usr' expands
to `--prefix /myhomedir/usr' too...

--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz