Re: PATCH: Re: Running tests without installing Zsh

Bart Schaefer wrote:
>That's fixable, too.  The one thing we can't fix is that modules may be
>autoloaded if the system has an /etc/zshenv file.

How about a command-line option to disable processing of the global
rc files?

More radical idea: how about making --disable-z{sh{env,rc},profile,log{in,out}}
the default?  It is very rare that any of these files is genuinely
required (I've seen approximately one case where an /etc/zshenv was
justified), and they are very frequently misused.  It seems reasonable
to require the unusual systems that actually need this feature to
explicitly enable it at compile time, and it would mean that the great
mass of unthinking admins won't be able to screw up their users' shell
environments.

-zefram