RE: PATCH: wordcode stuff

> Ok, I hope this patch makes it work for you (and others who don't have
> a gcc). Btw, I think gcc is a probably the best choice we have,
> because with other if cc on X accepts it you can't be sure that cc on
> Y accepts it, too. And nowadays there are systems without a (real) cc.

GCC was never a C compiler - (without additinal options) it was always a "GNU C" compiler
which is just different language sometimes.

O.K., I admit I was too eager - but I had too many cases when a good program was so
GCC-specific that it made no sense to even try to port it.

So, the question - is there any flags that will enable "compatible" mode at least for
debug builds? Can we use them?

-andrej