RE: Matching against file suffix

> > That reminds me. Matcher-list is way too general - it applies to any completion in any
> > context. And matcher is tried unconditionally, isn't it?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by `unconditionally' -- I always consider
> the context for which it is set to be a `condition'.

I mean, that if matcher style is set for a tag, it is always used. I have no way to
emulate matcher-list with semantic "try each in turn until you get matches".

One more (well, somewhat different) question. I tried to play with tag-order.
Unfortunately, it has one nasty effect - you cannot reject current tag.

With

zstyle ':completion:*:complete:cd:*' tag-order local-directories path-direcories

and

./foo1
foo2 somewhere in $cdpath

cd fTAB

will never complete foo2.

I think, it was discussed at least once, but may be in different context.

The same is true for example in docs (gunzip). If no *.gz exists but you have a
subdirectory, you will never get a chance to complete other file.

Or did I miss something?

-andrej