Re: PATCH: Re: The `zle' command and traps

On Mar 14, 11:35am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: Re: PATCH: Re: The `zle' command and traps
}
} Killing loops containing only builtins should work fine, because we
} set breaks=loops (and errflag, btw) in the handler -- and it /seems/
} to work fine for me.

Hrm.  I got zsh into a state yesterday where running this loop:

    for ((i=10000; i; --i)) echo LOOP

was not killable.  I had to blow it away with 'kill -9' from another
terminal (because I'd used a much bigger number than 10000 and didn't
want to wait).  I tried sending it INTs, HUPs, QUITs and TERMs with no
effect, after I was unable to ^C it.

Today when I try the same thing in a fresh shell, I'm able to interrupt
it with ^C.  The unkillable shell hadn't been running for more that a
couple of hours, but long enough for me to have forgotten even vaguely
what I did to get it into that state.  All I know is that it was one
where I'd been experimenting with various things ... hmmm, I bet some
function I ran, used the "trap" command without "setopt localtraps".