Re: move to sourceforge.net in progress

On Mar 28,  3:45pm, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
} Subject: RE: move to sourceforge.net in progress
}
} I think, that key developers should work directly with CVS repository.
} There is no sense to post patches if everybody is expected to get them
} from CVS.

I don't like the idea of "everybody is expected to get them from CVS."
I occasionally apply patches selectively (thought not so much, lately,
as I used to) and it's *very* helpful to be able to point to the mailing
list archive when a non-developer asks about a fix for a specific bug.

Nevertheless:

} What is actually needed is some release engineering - development
} branch(es) for Sven to play with ^-) and stable branch(es) for other
} mere mortals :)) Here we actually need designated person who should
} decide, what goes into stable branch, do merge etc.

Yes.  Peter should be that person, as long as he's willing/able.