Re: updating development versions

Peter Stephenson (pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> - Adam set up a checked-out copy on sourceforge in
> /home/groups/zsh/zsh (the last zsh is the top-level CVS project
> directory).  I have updated this, and configured it to install under
> /home/groups/zsh, so developers might want to use /home/groups/zsh/bin
> in their path.

Excellent, thanks.  I was hoping someone would get around to that.

> I had to install yodl here to get it to work.  This
> should provide us for the first time with a common platform for
> examining bugs, so it should be kept up to date by anyone using it.  I
> suggest using `umask 002' here.

These files are all in group users, and writable by that group.  Can I
suggest that you chgrp -R them to group zsh?  I also did a chmod g+s
-R on /home/groups/zsh/zsh so that any new directories created would
end up in group zsh, so you might like to do that too.

> I haven't checked our quota; I don't
> know if we're going to run into difficulties doing this.

$ quota -g
Disk quotas for group users (gid 100): none
Disk quotas for group zsh (gid 5068):
     Filesystem  blocks   quota   limit   grace   files   quota   limit   grace
      /dev/sdb2    4535  102400  128000             737    3000    3500

> I still can't get into `change developer permissions'.

As I said elsewhere, I've submitted a bug report about this.

> Oliver, if you're interested in maintaining web pages, we could do
> with something basic on sourceforge, so if you want to register, Adam
> or I can add you as a developer.

Likewise, done.

I already put a couple of links on http://zsh.sourceforge.net/, but this could doubtless be improved.

> though there's no reason why this shouldn't all be available at
> sunsite.auc.dk (some of it obviously already is).

I'm not keen with the way that www.zsh.org is more of a pointer than
the main webpage.  Is there a good reason for this, and could it be
changed?

> I don't think there's any arrangement for CVS handling of web pages
> at sourceforge.

True, although I don't see any reason why we couldn't place htdocs
under the same repository as the source.

> I haven't even looked at the anon FTP stuff at sourceforge yet.

Nor me.

Adam