Re: Closing bugs (?)

On Apr 4,  4:33pm, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: Closing bugs (?)
}
} Sourceforge supports the `fixed' and `closed' states. Hm, do we want
} to leave it to one of the administrators to actually close a bug or
} should the person who fixed (or tried to fix) it do that?
}
} And why this distinction?

A bug can be closed without being fixed, i.e. "that's not a bug, it's a
feature," or "seeming bug was caused by pilot error," etc.

The way I've typically handled it with GNATS before is that the person
who fixes the bug changes the state to "fixed" ("feedback" in GNATS),
and then it's up to the administrator and/or the person who reported
the bug to agree that it's fixed and change it to "closed".

But maybe we don't need that much supervision, and maybe it's OK to
leave a bug in the "fixed" state forever.