Re: Completion issues

Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
> Hm. Should we add a tag-labels style again (tested for every tag in
> tag-order, gives labels to use for this tag in its value)? My main
> reason for not liking this that much is the fact that it's in C now --
> I wanted to avoid having style-lookups hidden in some C-function.

As long as it works, which it does now, I'm not worried.

> > I would expect the following to work:
> >   zstyle ':completion:*:sequences' tag-order sequences:-name sequences:-num
> >   zstlye ':completion:*:sequences-name' ignored-patterns '<->'
> >   zstyle ':completion:*:sequences-num' ignored-patterns '^<->'

This now works, too

> > Another thing:  I couldn't get matcher-list to work for a labelled
> > completer, e.g. _complete:-extended.

This seems to work this time.  Don't what I did wrong.  So what's the
difference between matcher and matcher-list now?  The latter is looked up
once for a completer (but again if we have a labelled completer), but the
latter is looked up every single time we add a match?

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Work: pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx