Re: 3.1.6-dev-22

On Apr 9,  7:54pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: 3.1.6-dev-22
}
} I have uploaded
}   ftp://ftp.zsh.org/zsh/development/zsh-3.1.6-dev-22.tar.gz
} which is also tagged in the CVS archive as zsh-3_1_6-dev-22 .
} (At least, the message says it worked, although I can't see it there yet.)

About an hour later now, and it still isn't there yet.

} It's now time for anybody to suggest things which need doing (and which are
} likely actually to get done) before 3.1.7, else I shall start producing
} pre-releases.

I've sent a number of messages asking about potential changes, to which
there have been no replies or at least no decision (e.g., 10346, users/3013,
users/2973, others).  Does Sven have any outstanding issues with completion?

} I would appreciate any opinions on whether fixing
} `export' to work locally in functions is a good idea.  We can now do export
} -g to refer to the global variable --- but it's been the way it is for so
} long that maybe a change would cause trouble.  It's not suitable to have an
} option for this.

I think it should work like ksh in sh/ksh emulation modes, but otherwise I
think the current behavior is OK.  That isn't exactly the same as having an
option; do you believe that also to be unsuitable?